So, you’ve heard or read advertisements about 48-hour cash offers for the sale of your home?!
As a licensed WI/MN real estate broker with extensive real estate industry experience, John Durham has taken it upon himself to research iBuyer companies (such as Opendoor and Zillow Offers) for the Stillwater, MN and surrounding areas.
John believes the iBuyer companies such as Opendoor and Zillow Offers advertise disingenuous information about these cash offer advertisements which are misleading to consumers. He is passionate about protecting and educating the public regarding these 48-hour cash offers.
If you want to understand what is transpiring with these iBuyer cash offers, consider contacting John Durham and sign-up for his real estate classes to educate yourself. Get a full understanding on iBuyers and their agent partner’s practices and whether you should work with an iBuyer, or go the traditional real estate broker/agent route when selling your home.
Below is an outline of what John will be teaching in his Stillwater MN 2-hour iBuyer classes:
- What exactly is an iBuyer?
- What is the difference between an iBuyer and traditional brokerage company/agent?
- Are there differences between iBuyers and traditional home flippers?
- If an iBuyer purchases your home and flips it quickly, where is the profit for them and their investors?
- What are the true costs with using each of these type organizations and how do they compare to traditional agent commission?
- What would your likely net proceeds be with an iBuyer program?
- What does the lack of representation in the transaction mean to you as a homeowner?
- What is the difference between the iBuyer program’s Automated Valuation Modeling (AVM’s) vs. traditional real estate agents market analysis?
- What percentage of homes qualify for an iBuyers cash offer?
- What are all the disqualifying factors that iBuyers have that prevent homeowners not qualifying for the 48-hour cash offer?
- How iBuyer’s inspection (called ‘assessment’) of your home with their ‘Estimator’ may significantly affect your net proceeds after your original agreed sale price.
- How is your personal data being used? Once you agree to the Terms of Service, what is all the legal verbiage and its impact on you – the consumer?
- How buyers of iBuyers companies are buying a property on an AS IS, WHERE IS basis with all its faults without representations, warranties or covenants, express or implied. What does this mean to you?
- What does the 30-Day guarantee mean and how likely are you able to “return” the property?
John Durham has an education degree; coupled with extensive training as a licensed real estate broker in both WI and MN, he believes it is imperative the public is made aware of the apparent practices of iBuyers. He hopes to educate the public and then let them make their own informed decision on what is best for the sale of their home.
John will be holding monthly training classes starting at 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm at the Woodbury RE/MAX Results office the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Should you want to attend contact John Durham at 651-231-2191 to register in advance. *Advance registration is required to attend the training class.
604 Bielenberg Drive, Suite 100
Woodbury, MN 55125
*This is a consumer-driven class series not intended for licensed real estate agents (or professionals such as loan officers, processors and title).
Email Us Today: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (651) 231-2191