Boomers – ‘Rightsizing’ your Home for Your New Lifestyle
While some think of the term ‘downsizing’ when referring to selling the family home after the kids fly from the nest, many people don’t actually buy a smaller home. They buy the ‘right’ home for the lifestyle they want! Some reasons to ‘rightsize’ your Hudson WI home might include:
- A one-level living option
- Reduce mortgage or access the equity in your current home
- Less home maintenance – association maintained, smaller home, newer home
- Better floor plan for your lifestyle now and in the future
- New location – different city/state, lake home, condo, country home, walkable to shops & restaurants, etc.
- Seeking amenities – 55+ communities, golf course, recreational amenities like a pool, gym, or workshop, assisted living, etc.
- Freedom to travel without worrying about your home
It may be many years since you have sold or purchased a home. Technological advances and economic factors have changed how real estate is bought and sold in Hudson, WI, especially in the past decade. And you may not know what housing options are available to you in the community in which you wish to move, or how much you can get for your current home. In this class, we will discuss:
- helping you determine if now is the right time to sell your home
- how to obtain the best sale price for your home in today’s market
- options for purchasing your next home (condo, town home, single family, lake home, new construction, main level living, etc.)
- whether to start looking prior to selling or after you sell your home
Additionally, we will look at the many housing options for active seniors in Hudson, WI and show you properties available in the Greater Twin Cities Metro and surrounding communities including Western WI. Our classes are usually small enough that we tailor each class to YOUR needs and questions!
When: Tuesday, November 14th 2017
Where: RE/MAX Results in Hudson, WI – 375 Stageline Rd., Ste 200, Hudson WI 54016
This class is offered FREE to the public each month! When you take our classes, there is no obligation to use our real estate services (although we would be delighted to represent you in your real estate transaction.)